|GET READY — ONLINE ENTRIES ARE SET TO OPEN ON MONDAY
2017 Spirited Women Adventure Race online entries will open at 7am this coming Monday 1st August 2016.
With the first 10 entries set to each get a $100 refund, plus cool prizes up for grabs for all teams entering at the super early bird rate, we suggest you put a reminder in your calendar and set your alarm as we expect entries are likely to come in fast. Remember entries are limited to just 250 teams, so get your team together now and at least enter a team (write ‘TBC’ in any unknown teammates fields) to secure an early bird entry, possible refund and chance to win.
Entries will go online at www.spiritedwomen.co.nz
FIRST TEN TEAMS TO ENTER WILL EACH GET $100 REFUND
Warm those fingers up, enter online fast after 7am Monday 1st August, and be one of the first ten teams to register at the Lucky Super Early Bird entry rate and we will refund $100 back to you. That’s all it takes. Go for it and good luck.
CHANCE TO WIN SOME COOL PRIZES
We thought why not reward those entrants who commit to entering early with a little more. So with the help of some of our wonderful sponsors signed on for 2017 we have decided that on top of the ‘Super Early Bird Rate’ we are going to give away some cool spot prizes to ‘Lucky’ members of teams who enter in the coming months of August and September.
With the prize list likely to grow before the draw on Saturday 1st of October 2016, here is what super cool prizes we have confirmed so far –
- 1 x Starboard Paddleboard & Paddle package (RRP $2499)
- 2 x Personalised 90min SUP coaching session for a team of four, suitable for any level of paddler with PaddleFit Pro Coach Victoria Stuart (Value $160 each)
- 1 x Camelbak Solstice Low Rider 10L Mtb Pack (RRP $219)
- 1 x Liv Infinita or Rev Helmet (winners choice – RRP $149 or $179)
All winners will also be advertised on the event Facebook page and in the October monthly newsletter.
NO SUPPORT CREW ARE REQUIRED IN 2017
That’s right, you read correctly, the 2017 Spirited Woman Adventure Race in Taupo will be unsupported, and therefore teams will not require a support crew to race. This means teams have to be self-sufficient, transitioning from discipline to discipline themselves and prohibited from receiving outside assistance during the course of their race.
Whilst you don’t have to rope in a support crew, we welcome and encourage supporters (husbands, kids, partners, family and friends) to accompany teams to Taupo to enjoy a fantastic weekend away in Taupo. Supporters are free to cheer on and take photos of Spirited Women at the start and finish plus points during their adventure, and there will be plenty of spots on course to view the race.
There are a few things which will be important for teams to understand though —
- It will be useful for teams to have two vehicles (or more) with one (or two combined) capable of transporting all the teams bikes out to the start; otherwise a teammate will have to hitch a ride with another team back to pick up their vehicle left from the start venue after the race. Supporters can obviously play a part in transporting teams and their bikes to the start.
- Women who ride in clipless mtb shoes will need a suitably sized pack capable of carrying their running shoes as well as all their individual and any shared team compulsory gear.
COMPETITION TO WIN A FREE ENTRY INTO THE 2017 EVENT CLOSES THIS SUNDAY 31 JULY 2016
Calling all newbie adventurous women. Win a free entry into the 2017 Spirited Women – All Women’s Adventure Race.
For the second year running the Alterno Foundation is welcoming applications to become the next team of newbies sponsored by Alterno to take part in the 2017 Spirited Women Adventure Race.
The 2016 team “Alterno Foundation Rays of Sunshine” have done a great job in publishing their journey, which you can view following this link: https://alternofoundationraysofsunshine.wordpress.com
The Alterno Foundation wants to see more women participating in physical activities and for them to be able to recharge their batteries from their busy lives as a mothers, friends, partners and as professionals. So be an inspiration to other women and challenge yourself!
What they are looking for?
- A team of four women new to adventure racing
- Brave enough to embark on this new adventure; and
- With the ability to inspire friends, family, colleagues and other like-minded women.
What is expected from the team?
- A commitment to the training needed to participate in the event
- Maintaining a regular blog/Facebook page in which you share your journey, celebrate the small achievements and reflect on the learning. This will be published on the Spirited Women website and the Alterno Foundation website.
How do you apply?
- Provide us with a brief presentation explaining who you are and how you would like to use this opportunity to inspire other women to join you in this adventure.
- The presentation needs to be submitted by Sunday 31 July 2016 by emailing to email@example.com
To read the Alterno Foundations Rays for Sunshine last blog – titled ‘Race Day’ – please click here.
REMINISCING ON ROTORUA 2016
Whether you took part in the inaugural event or wished you had, the Spirited Women Adventure Race in Rotorua proved to be a wonderful success. We would like to thank everyone who made this first chapter in a new and exciting annual event for women possible, and we invite you to reminisce on the good times had by enjoying the event video once again. – click here
LIV UP THEIR SUPPORT
Giant Bicycles women’s range ‘Liv’ have upped their support to the Spirited Women – All Women’s Adventure Race in 2017 and have contributed to the super early bird entry prize pool with the winners choice of a flash Liv Infinita or Liv Rev helmet.
The Rev is Liv’s road helmet and brings lightweight performance and design to the rider looking for ultimate protection without sacrificing style and comfort. With huge ventilation ports, fine-tuned CINCH+™ fit system and precision wrapped EPS foam to reduce overall weight—this helmet has everything you need.
The Infinita shines on long climbs and flowing descents. Wherever the trail takes you, you’re ready with this all-new, purpose-built helmet. It offers 18 large vents for maximum ventilation and trail-specific performance. Everything you need to conquer enduro or all-mountain terrain in a comfortable, attractive and lightweight package.
If you are in need of a bike or helmet, look no further than the Liv range.
Do not procrastinate, get a team together and your entry in quick on Monday and be in for plenty of fun, laughter, shreeks for fear and hoots (or possibly tears!) of joy with your friends, family and colleagues over the course of a seriously adventurous weekend. Let the good times begin.
Kindest regards… Neil & Katrine