|FOUR DAYS TO GO UNTIL THE LUCKY SUPER EARLY BIRD ENTRY RATE CLOSES – COOL PRIZES ABOUT TO BE DRAWN
There are only four days remaining before the Super Early Bird Entry Rate comes to a close at the end of the month and some seriously cool prizes will go to some very lucky women.
Here’s what all women entered into the 2017 Spirited Women Adventure Race by midnight this coming Friday 30th September will be in the draw to win
- 1 x Starboard Paddleboard & Paddle package (RRP $2499)
- 2 x Personalised 90min SUP coaching session for a team of four, suitable for any level of paddler with PaddleFit Pro Coach Victoria Stuart (Value $160 each)
- 1 x Camelbak Solstice Low Rider 10L Mtb Pack (RRP $219)
- 1 x Liv Infinita or Rev Helmet (winners choice – RRP $149 or $179)
- Plus we hope to add running shoes and women’s all mtn trail jersey & shorts to the list later this week.
With fewer entries left available by the day, we suggest you get your team together now and get an entry in quick smart or you could miss out.
NOTE: If you do not have all your team mates confirmed or all their entry details at hand you can write ‘TBC’ in any unknown text fields or ‘1234’ in any unknown number fields to ensure you secure an super early bird entry and chance to win. All winners will also be advertised on the event Facebook page and in the October’s monthly newsletter.
40 SECOND VIDEO
ENTRIES DISAPPEARING FAST – JOIN OVER 728 WOMEN ALREADY ENTERED
No one likes to miss out, but at the current rate entries are coming in it’s looking likely the 2017 Spirited Women Adventure Race in Taupo next April will be sold out very soon. So if you’re excited about taking part in this adventure, we strongly encourage you to get a team together and get your entry in early to avoid disappointment. We have no doubt you will have plenty of fun and laughter, letting out shrieks for fear and hoots (or possibly tears!) of joy with your friends/family/colleagues over the course of a seriously adventurous weekend.
REMINDER — NO SUPPORT CREW ARE REQUIRED IN 2017
That’s right, you read correctly, the 2017 Spirited Woman Adventure Race in Taupo will be unsupported, and therefore teams will not require a support crew to race. This means teams have to be self-sufficient, transitioning from discipline to discipline themselves and prohibited from receiving outside assistance during the course of their race.
Whilst you don’t have to rope in a support crew, we welcome and encourage supporters (husbands, kids, partners, family and friends) to accompany teams to Taupo to enjoy a fantastic weekend away in Taupo. Supporters are free to cheer on and take photos of Spirited Women at the start and finish, plus points during their adventure, and there will be plenty of spots to course to view the race.
There are however a few things which will be important for teams to understand
- It will be useful for teams to have two vehicles (or more) with one (or two combined) capable of transporting all the team bikes out to the start; otherwise a teammate(s) will have to hitch a ride with another team back to pick up their vehicle(s) left at the start. Supporters can obviously play a part in transporting teams and their bikes to the start.
- Women who ride in clipless mtb shoes will need a suitably sized pack capable of carrying their running shoes as well as all their individual and any shared team compulsory gear. TIP – You may like to lace your running shoes with elastic laces for a quick transition in and out of them!
FUNDRAISE TO HELP MOVE OVER CANCER & WIN
The Spirited Women Adventure Race has formed a relationship with PINC & STEEL – Cancer Rehabilitation Trust.
The PINC & STEEL Cancer Rehabilitation Programs provide individualised, prescribed rehabilitation to women and men diagnosed with cancer; helping them heal as well as possible, and function at optimal levels through every stage of their treatment and recovery. They are specifically designed to help maximise recovery, regain physical and emotional strength, and improve body confidence and control.
The spirited Women everyday hero fundraising campaign is now live at www.everydayhero.co.nz/event/Spiritedwomen
We encourage teams to set-up an ‘Everyday Hero’ fundraising site at the link above and raise money for the cause.
To motivate you to fundraise we have teamed with our event sponsors to offer a wonderful prize for the team with the greatest number of donations and the team who raises the most money. Get into it!
We are looking forward to drawing out the Lucky Super Early Bird Entry prize winners and surprising some women/teams with good news over the weekend. Cross those fingers and toes you are one of the lucky winners.
Neil & Katrine