Items supplied as part of your entry include –
- Life Vests (PFD’s)
- Race Notes
- Control Card
- 2 Sets of Waterproof Maps
- Mystery Activity Equipment
Good Footwear – All team members need to have a suitable pair comfortable footwear for the Trekking stages (walking /running).
Back Pack – All team members need a suitable comfortable pack pack to carry personal and team compulsory gear (see listed below) for the duration of the event.
Mountain Bike – Everyone needs a mountain bike. Each team must carry tools (a multi tool with chain breaker, spare tubes, tire leavers, pump etc) to effect basic running repairs.
Cycle Helmet – In line with NZ Law, it is compulsory for everyone to wear a NZ safety approved cycle helmet when riding their bike.
Bike Lights – In line with NZ Law, a front (white) and rear (red) light must be shinning when riding in the dark.
Compulsory Gear to be carried
This gear must to be carried by the team during all Mountain Biking and Trekking stages.
Per team member –
- Waterproof Jacket
- Warm Thermal Jersey
- Warm Thermal Base Layer Top
- Warm Thermal Base Layer Leggings
- Warm Hat
- Warm Gloves
- Head Light with spare fresh batteries
- Bike Lights – Particularly a rear (red) light. Your head light above can suffice for your white front light.
- Adequate Food – for the completion of the entire race.
- Adequate Water – between places water can be topped up
- Pool Noodle, Boogie Board or equivalent buoyancy aid (Long Course Only)
- Extra old pair of shoes (Long Course Only)
Note: Warm Thermal means wool, merino, fleece, down, polypro or equivalent material.
Per Team –
- Basic First Aid Kit
- Survival Blanket
- Permanent Marker Pen – for planning the teams route and writing down any clues on course
- Fully Charged Phone in Seal-able Waterproof Bag
Plus – Timing Transponder, Race Tracker, Race Notes, Control Card & 2 sets of Waterproof Maps (supplied).