Items supplied as part of your entry include;
- Life vests (PFD’s)
- Race notes
- Control card
- Two sets of waterproof maps
- Mystery activity equipment
- Good footwear – All team members need to have a suitable pair of comfortable footwear for the Trekking stages (walking /running).
- Backpack – All team members need a suitable comfortable backpack to carry personal and team compulsory gear (see listed below) for the duration of the event.
- Mountain bike – Everyone needs a mountain bike. Each team must carry tools (a multi-tool with chain breaker, spare tubes, tire levers, pump, etc.) to affect basic running repairs.
- Cycle helmet – In line with NZ Law, it is compulsory for everyone to wear a NZ safety approved cycle helmet when riding their bike.
- Bike lights – In line with NZ Law, a front (white) and rear (red) light must be shinning when riding in the dark.
Compulsory gear to be carried
Compulsory gear – Per team member (during all mountain biking and trekking stages);
- Waterproof jacket
- Warm thermal jersey
- Warm thermal base layer top (long sleeve)
- Warm thermal base layer leggings
- Warm hat
- Warm gloves
- Headlight with spare fresh batteries
- Bike Lights – particularly a rear (red) light. Your head light above can suffice for your white front light
- Adequate food – for the completion of the entire race
- Adequate water – between places water can be topped up
- Pool Noodle – TBC [Note: Standard pool noodles are around 1.5m long]
- Extra old pair of shoes – TBC
Note: Warm thermal means wool, merino, fleece, down, polypro or equivalent material.
- Basic first aid kit
- Survival blanket
- Permanent marker pen – for planning the team’s route and writing down any clues on course
- Fully charged phone in a seal-able waterproof bag
Plus – timing transponder, two sets of waterproof maps, control card and CP descriptions (supplied).
Strongly recommended additional team gear to carry:
- Throughout the event – sunscreen and chafe cream
- On mountain bike leg/s – Minimum of two x bike inner tubes, tire levers, pump, multi-tool with chain brake