Items supplied as part of your entry include;
- Life vests (PFD’s)
- Race notes
- Control card
- Two sets of waterproof maps
- Check point descriptors sheet
- Mystery activity equipment
- Race bibs
- Timing transponders
- Good footwear – All team members need to have a suitable pair of comfortable footwear for the Trekking stages (walking /running).
- Backpack – All team members need a suitable comfortable backpack to carry personal and team compulsory gear (see listed below) for the duration of the event.
- Mountain bike – Everyone needs a mountain bike. Each team must carry tools (a multi-tool with chain breaker, spare tubes, tire levers, pump, etc.) to affect basic running repairs.
- Cycle helmet – In line with NZ Law, it is compulsory for everyone to wear a NZ safety approved cycle helmet when riding their bike.
- Bike lights – In line with NZ Law, a front (white) and rear (red) light must be shinning when riding in the dark.
Compulsory gear to be carried
Compulsory gear – Per team member (during all mountain biking and trekking stages);
- Seam sealed hooded waterproof jacket
- Warm* thermal jersey
- Warm* thermal base layer top (long sleeve)
- Warm* thermal base layer leggings
- Warm* hat
- Warm* gloves
- Head torch with spare fresh batteries – Your head light can suffice for your white front bike light (as above in the required equipment)
- Adequate food – for the completion of the entire race
- Adequate water – between places water can be topped up
*Warm thermal means wool, merino, fleece, down, polypro or equivalent material.
- Basic first aid kit
- Survival blanket
- Fine tipped permanent marker pen – for planning the team’s route and writing down any clues on course
- Fully charged phone in a seal-able waterproof bag
Strongly recommended additional team gear to carry:
- Throughout the event – sunscreen and chafe cream