Please note: The weekend schedule for the 2021 event in Blenheim, Marlborough is continual work in progress.
Friday 9th April 2021
12:00noon – 5:30pm – Event registration & expo
- Team sign in
- Final check of team details
- Complete registration formalities
- Pick-up teams race bibs, bike plates, & team electronic timing device
- Collect team gift box full of goodies and event merchandise (included in entry fee)
- Sponsors expo – try delectable samples, enter competitions and score some great deals on product from our sponsors
NOTE: One team member can sign in and pick up team gear on behalf of all team members, however, if there is a late change of team member, they must bring a completed copy of the change of team member form with the waiver, signed by the new team member. Click here (coming soon) for the form or see the final pre-event newsletter for a link.
2:30pm – 5:00pm – Pre-race Adventure Film Screening (included in entry fee)
Team Captains, if you haven’t booked your screening session for your team, please login to your Event Plus profile, and update your team’s booking here (coming soon), through the button link. Not sure which screening session, your team is booked into? You can check, here (coming soon). Online adventure film screening session bookings will close two weeks before the event weekend. Please only book when you are sure your team will attend – see time slots below;
- Session 1 – 2:30pm – 3:30pm (Limited to 175 teams/700 women)
- Session 2 – 4:00pm – 5:00pm (Limited to 175 teams/700 women)
NOTE: Please only book into your team into a preferred session online when entering if you are certain you will attend. Late bookings will be taken at the registration expo, subject to space in sessions.
1:00pm – 8:00pm – Bike drop
Secret location, which will be communicated to your team at the Event registration.
All team’s bikes (with number plates attached, bike lights, drink bottles attached, helmet and bike shoe, if using them) must be drop at a secret location between these hours.
5:30pm – 8:00pm – Release of race notes, maps & control cards
Note: Teams must wear their bibs when collecting race notes, maps, control cards and CP descriptions, 30 minutes before their race briefing.
This allows teams to briefly look at maps & notes and digest all the information prior to their allotted event category briefing time. Any questions teams may have will be answered at the race briefing.
Long course maps released: 5:30pm – 6:00pm
Medium course maps released: 6:30pm – 7:00pm
Short course maps released: 7:30pm – 8:00pm
6:00pm – 8:45pm – Race briefings
Long course race briefing: 6:00pm – 6:45pm
Medium course race briefing: 7:00pm – 7:45pm
Short course race briefing: 8:00pm – 8:45pm
NOTE: It is mandatory that one team member attend their race briefing.
Saturday 10th April 2021
6:00am – 11:30am – Event day staggered wave starts
Start venue(s) TBC in the release of the race maps and notes.
Team start times:
- 6:00am Start 1 – Long course teams (Bib numbers 1 – 33)
- 6:30am Start 2 – Medium course teams (Bib numbers 34 – 67)
- 7:00m Start 3 – Medium course teams (Bib numbers 68 – 101)
- 7:30am Start 4 – Medium course teams (Bib numbers 102 – 135)
- 8:00am Start 5 – Medium course teams (Bib numbers 136 – 169)
- 8:30am Start 6 – Medium course teams (Bib numbers 170 – 203)
- 9:00am Start 7 – Medium course teams (Bib numbers 204 – 237)
- 9:30am Start 8 – Short course teams (Bib numbers 238 – 271)
- 10:00am Start 9 – Short course teams (Bib numbers 272– 305)
- 10:30am Start 10 – Short course teams (Bib numbers 306 – 339)
- 11:00am Start 11 – Short course teams (Bib numbers 340 – 373)
- 11:30am Start 12 – Short course teams (Bib numbers 374 – 408)
1:00pm – 11:30pm – Finish line celebrations
Finish venue(s) TBC in the release of the race maps and notes.
Sunday 11th April 2021
9:30am – 11:00am – Event awards ceremony and spot prize draw
Please ensure you arrive at least 30 minutes before the event awards ceremony and spot prize draw begins as all participants will need to be given a spot prize ticket. Please see the event staff giving these out on arrival. One ticket per person. Only participants who are at the event awards ceremony are eligible to win a spot prize.
For the full awards ceremony and spot prize draw information, please see here.