Please note: The weekend schedule for the 2020 event in Central Hawke’s Bay is continual work in progress.
Friday 27th March 2020
12:00noon – 12:15pm – He Mihi Whakatau (Official event opening)
We want to extend a warm invitation to all competitors and whanau in this year’s event to formally attend a traditional Maori welcoming and acknowledgment. The mihi whakatau will also acknowledge the local Iwi and all sights of significance and toanga in the Alexandra region, which you could possibly get to enjoy and see throughout your journey. Please gather outside the main entrance. On arrival you will be met by a kaiawhina (support person) who will explain the tikanga (protocol) before you are called on. Tidy dress is appreciated. Kia piki te ora.
12:15pm – 5:30pm – Event registration & expo
- Team sign in
- Final check of team details
- Complete registration formalities
- Pick-up teams race bibs, bike plates, & team electronic timing device
- Collect team gift box full of goodies and event merchandise (included in entry fee)
- Sponsors expo – try delectable samples, enter competitions and score some great deals on product from our sponsors
NOTE: One team member can sign in and pick up team gear on behalf of all team members, however, if there is a late change of team member, they must bring a completed copy of the change of team member form with the waiver, signed by the new team member. Click here for the form or see the final pre-event newsletter for a link.
12:30pm – 4:30pm – Pre-race Adventure Film Screening (included in entry fee)
Team Captains, if you haven’t booked your class for your team, please login to your Event Plus profile, and update your team’s booking here (coming soon). Not sure which screening session, your team is booked into? You can check, here (coming soon). Online adventure film screening session bookings will close two weeks before the event weekend. Please only book when you are sure your team will attend – see time slots below;
- Session 2: 1:45pm – 2:30pm (Limited to 204 teams/816 women)
- Session 4: 3:45pm – 4:30pm (Limited to 204 teams/816 women)
NOTE: Please only book into your team into a preferred session online when entering if you are certain you will attend. Late bookings will be taken at the registration expo, subject to space in sessions.
1:00pm – 8:00pm – Bike drop
Secret location, which will be communicated to your team at the Event registration.
All team’s bikes (with number plates attached, bike lights, drink bottles attached, helmet and bike shoe, if using them) must be drop at a secret location between these hours.
5:15pm – 7:45pm – Release of race notes, maps & control cards
Note: Teams must wear their bibs when collecting race notes, maps, control cards and CP descriptions, 30 minutes before their race briefing.
This allows teams to briefly look at maps & notes and digest all the information prior to their allotted event category briefing time. Any questions teams may have will be answered at the race briefing.
Long course maps released: 5:30pm – 6:00pm
Medium course maps released: 6:30pm – 7:00pm
Short course maps released: 7:30pm – 8:00pm
5:45pm – 8:30pm – Race briefings
Location – TBC
Long course race briefing: 6:00pm – 6:45pm
Medium course race briefing: 7:00pm – 7:45pm
Short course race briefing: 8:00pm – 8:45pm
NOTE: It is essential that one team member attend their race briefing, but we strongly recommend the whole team be present so we can answer anyone’s questions.
Saturday 28th March 2020
6:00am – 11:30am – Event day staggered wave starts
Start venue(s) TBC in the release of the race maps and notes.
Team start times – TBC
- 6:00am Start 1 – Long course teams (Bib numbers 1 – 34)
- 6:30am Start 2 – Medium course teams (Bib numbers 35 – 68)
- 7:00m Start 3 – Medium course teams (Bib numbers 69 – 102)
- 7:30am Start 4 – Medium course teams (Bib numbers 103 – 136)
- 8:00am Start 5 – Medium course teams (Bib numbers 137 – 170)
- 8:30am Start 6 – Medium course teams (Bib numbers 171 – 204)
- 9:00am Start 7 – Medium course teams (Bib numbers 205 – 238)
- 9:30am Start 8 – Short course teams (Bib numbers 239 – 272)
- 10:00am Start 9 – Short course teams (Bib numbers 273– 306)
- 10:30am Start 10 – Short course teams (Bib numbers 307 – 340)
- 11:00am Start 11 – Short course teams (Bib numbers 341 – 374)
- 11:30am Start 12 – Short course teams (Bib numbers 375 – 408)
1:00pm – 11:30pm – Finish line celebrations
Finish venue(s) TBC in the release of the race maps and notes.
Sunday 29th March 2020
9:00am – 10:30am – Event awards ceremony and spot prize draw