2022 CHB & 2023 Wanaka Event Cover Cancellation Insurance

Where insurance can be obtained and in the case of a cancellation due to adverse weather, natural disaster, or terrorism, etc., then provided the insurance claim is accepted, a full entry fee will be refunded to each team. 

Where insurance cannot be obtained, in the case of a communicable disease, pandemic, actual or threatened war, or unimaginable things such as an invasion or act of foreign enemies, etc. the event will be postponed to the a date in Spring and the team’s entry would be carried over. Team members who cannot participate on the new postponement date can be replaced for free as per normal. Complete teams who cannot participate on the new postponement date can advertise and sell their entry as per normal.

In the instance we have to cancel the event on the postponement date due to adverse weather, natural disaster, or terrorism, etc., then provided the insurance claim is accepted, a full entry fee will be refunded to each team.

If however the postponed event happens to be cancelled due to things insurance cannot be obtained for (communicable disease, pandemic, actual or threatened war, or unimaginable things such as an invasion or act of foreign enemies etc), then the event company is not obligated to give any refund or transfer. However, in good faith the event company will do its utmost to return to entrants all unspent budgeted delivery expenses and successfully recalled venue/contractor/service costs which were cancelled.

2022/23 Withdrawals & refunds

To withdraw, please contact us by email.

2022 Central Hawke’s Bay & Wanaka refunds –

Entries purchased for either event prior to 16th March 2022 – refunds or transfers are no longer available.

New entries (i.e., cannot be an existing entry purchased  privately off another team) for either event received after 16th March 2022 are eligible for the following refunds – 

  • 75% Refund – up to 5 months out from the first day of the event date*.
  • 50% Refund – up to 3 months out from the first day of the event date*.
  • 25% Refund – up to 1 month out from the first day of the event date*.
  • No refund will be given within one month of the first day of the event date.

*Excludes the value of any partial credit/discount code used.
*Less $40 NZD admin fee

artial credit/discount code used.

* Less $40 NZD admin fee

CHANGES IN RESPECT TO THE GOVERNMENT NEW COVID PROTECTION FRAMEWORK & REGULATIONS NOW IMPOSED ON THE EVENT INDUSTRY ON 3RD DECEMBER 2021.

From Friday 3rd December 2021 a new Covid Protection Framework came into effect which has associated Government restrictions imposed on the Events industry sector which we are legally required to follow.  

Right from 23rd October 2021 when the Governments first announcement of the planned change in Covid Protection Framework and news of the implications to the Event Industry, we announced we would continue the 75% refund available until midnight on 24th December 2021, giving you and us time to assess the changes as they developed and be absolutely certain how they would affect your participation and our event business.  Just as we could not foresee the current changes when we released our entries in early June, we cannot foresee what the future will bring. However, we have done our utmost to think through all the possible scenarios that could play out so you, our participants are fully aware of our plans moving forward and the options available to you.

Firstly, from the 3rd of December 2021, it is required that all our event staff, contractors, marshals etc working in the on the Spirited Women Adventure Race’s in 2022 must be double vaccinated.  Furthermore, as the Spirited Women Adventure Race has greater than 100 entrants, we are required to sight all entrants’ My Vaccination Passes, and have the right to ask for identification to verify these.

IMPLICATIONS OF THE GOVERNMENT’S NEW COVID PROTECTION FRAMEWORK FOR ENTRANTS

With our event company abiding by the new laws placed upon the Event Industry, individuals who are not vaccinated will not be able to attend the Spirited Women Adventure Race.

If any team has one or more team members who are not vaccinated, they have one of four options to consider –

  1. replacing that team member
  2. participate as a team of three (the team gift box will still contain all four members event merchandise)
  3. withdrawing the entire team from the event and receive a 75% refund (less $40 admin fee), no questions asked until Midnight 24th December 2021.
  4. advertising & selling their team entry*

* If you are able to find someone to buy your entry, please contact us and we can advise on how to proceed to make the switch with no costs incurred.

We have decided to extend the 75% refund to the 24th of December 2021 (three weeks from when the new Government legislation takes effect) to give teams time to decide how they wish to proceed and contact us they would like to withdraw. From the 25th December 2021, the refund percentages will return back to the original dates advertised on the website when entries were first released.

IMPLICATIONS OF THE GOVERNMENT’S NEW COVID PROTECTION FRAMEWORK ON THE EVENT DELIVERY

Under the new Traffic Light system Red, Orange and Green colour’s (replacing the previous Alert Levels 1-4) very different possible scenario’s (see below) now present themselves to us in respect to the events delivery or postponement.

The possible scenarios as they stand are:

(Green Light)
Scenario 1: Event will go ahead – minor changes The Summer 2022 event will go ahead with minor changes if the region the event is being held in is in Green and the rest of NZ is at Red, Orange or Green with no travel restrictions in place. The event does not require the whole country to be at Green. Orange and Red regions are permitted to travel to a Green region to participate. All four team members will need to attend the Rego-Expo together. My Vaccination Passes and a form of photo identification (i.e., Drivers License or Passport) will be required by all. Supporters and Spectators will be prohibited from attending the event on Race Day.

Scenario 2: Postponement The Summer 2022 event will be postponed if the region the event is being held is at Green and an other region of NZ with a high number of participation entrants is at Red with a travel restriction in place. Similarly the event would be forced to be postponed if our key event staff and contractors fell sick. A 2022 Spring time or later postponement date will then be communicated to all entrants once this has been finalized with all the necessary stakeholders.

(Orange Light)

Scenario 3: Event will go ahead – minor changes The Summer 2022 event will go ahead with minor changes if the region the event is being held in is at Orange and the rest of NZ is at Red, Orange or Green with no travel restrictions in place. The event does not require the whole country to be at Green. Red and Green regions are permitted to travel to an Orange region to participate. All four team members will need to attend the Rego-Expo together. My Vaccination Passes and a form of photo identification (i.e., Drivers License or Passport) will be required by all. Supporters and Spectators will be prohibited from attending the event on Race Day.

Scenario 4: Postponement The Summer 2022 event will be postponed if the region the event is being held in is at Orange and an other region of NZ with a high number of participation entrants is at Red with a travel restriction in place. Similarly the event would be forced to be postponed if our key event staff and contractors fell sick. A 2022 Springtime or later postponement date will then be communicated to all entrants once this has been finalized with all the necessary stakeholders.

(Red Light)

Scenario 5: Event will go ahead – major changes With the Councils support, the Summer 2022 event will go ahead with major changes if the region the event is being held in is at Red and the rest of NZ is at Red, Orange or Green with no travel restrictions in place. The event can only deliver at Red with the following Major changes – See the complete list of changes to the event delivery here

Scenario 6: Postponement The Summer 2022 event will be postponed if the region the event is being held in is at Red, and an other region of NZ with a high number of participation entrants is at Red with a travel restriction in place. Similarly the event would be forced to be postponed if our key event staff and contractors fell sick. A 2022 Springtime or later postponement date will then be communicated to all entrants once this has been finalized with all the necessary stakeholders and absolutely confident we will be able to deliver.

We feel it is extremely important to say, we really want to run our Summer 2022 events, however, as we well know the protocols and regulations could change anytime between now and event day and we may be still forced to postpone. Should this happen we will communicate this to you as quickly as possible by email, as we will the announcement of the new Springtime 2022 or later event dates.

Further possible scenarios that could force a postponement are:

  • The Government imposes changes to the guidelines for outdoor sporting events under RED
  • The Government imposes travel restrictions that significantly restrict travel for participants, staff and contractors
  • Air NZ services are severely impaired, significantly restricting travel for participants, staff and contractors.
  • The Council & District Health Board (DHB) issue new advice

In light of this uncertainty, we suggest you contact your accommodation provider and ask if they would be willing to transfer your booking across to a Springtime or later date (tbc – but within 12 months) if this becomes necessary.

We also understand for everyone’s sake knowing if the event will go ahead or be postponed needs to be clearly communicated. In this instance, we intend to give registered entrants heads up on where our Summer 2022 events stand around three weeks out from the event.

Should the decision to postpone a Summer 2022 event need to be made either before, on or after the above dates, we will inform all respective entrants of our decision immediately by email.  

We sincerely hope the above addresses our event company’s new legal obligations and openly & honestly details how we are mandated to operate, the options available to you (the entrant) and all delivery scenarios & postponement at play at this current point in time.

Privacy Policy

Please click here to view (PDF document).