Preparation is key not only to your success in Adventure Racing but also your enjoyment. When preparing your body and mind and learning new skills you’ll strengthen your friendships with your team members whilst enjoying adventurous training weekends in new and exciting places. On this page you’ll find plenty of information to help your team achieve your adventure racing goals.
Preparation for the 2019 Tairawhiti Gisborne Event
2019 North Island Navigation and Adventure Racing Clinics
Rachel Smith of Navigation North and Orienteering Bay of Plenty will be running some skills based navigation and adventure racing clinics ahead of the Tairawhiti Gisborne Spirited Women – All Women’s Adventure Race. The clinics run for 2 ½ hours and will include basic map skills including reading and understanding, using a compass, route choice and map preparation, team work as well as other adventure race specific skills. Each clinic will be followed by a 2hr Rogaine on a nearby area (note: more experienced teams can just come along to do the Rogaine, but will still need to register). There are limited spots available for each clinic so register early for a place.
Summer Clinics Dates & Locations:
In time, further details will be posted on the Winter Clinics.
Clinic and Rogaine = $50 pp
Rogaine only = $25 pp
Adventure Motivation made easy by Senka Radonich
Senka Radonich aka nzadventuregirl
After loosing her mum to pneumonia suddenly, Senka woke up to the fact that life can be taken away any moment, so why waste it. Setting out to make her life one giant adventure doing stuff she freaking loves she established Adventure Girls which is all about getting women out to do cool sh*t. Whether it’s getting you out adventuring and stretching yourself in trying new things or working with you one on one in the personal coaching space, Senka will be all over it like white on rice.
Adventure Girls – Kick ass adventures for women
Have ever wanted to try surfing, mountain biking, or 4 wheel driving? What about dirt biking, snowboarding or rock climbing? How about stand up paddling, gun shooting or tree adventures? Join a bunch of super rad women, like you, who are up for getting out and trying new adventures for the first time.
FREE email training programmes & tips
James Kuegler Coaching is back and delivering free training programmes & tips for all women taking part in the Tairawhiti Gisborne Spirited Women – All Women’s Adventure Race.
Below is the schedule of FREE email Training Programmes which will help preparing women for the 2019 event;
- 28 Jan – 24 Feb. Training Programme: 16 Week Long Course. Click HERE.
- 28 Jan – 24 Feb. Training Programme: 16 Week Medium Course. Click HERE.
- 28 Jan – 24 Feb. Training Programme: 16 Week Short Course. Click HERE.
- 28 Jan – 24 Feb. Training Programme: 10 Week Short Course (Late Starter). Click HERE.
Click here to sign up to receive the FREE Tairawhiti Gisborne Spirited Women Training Programmes by email, be kept up to date with articles, and events.
NOTE: If you have previously received emails from James Kuegler Coaching you will need to update your preferences, and make sure the 2019 Spirited Women box is ticked.
Coaching webinars, skills training sessions, and articles
James Kuegler Coaching teams up Rachel Smith from Navigation North to bring you a series of interactive coaching webinars and skills training sessions to help you prepare for the Tairawhiti Gisborne Spirited Women – All Women’s Adventure Race. Here is how the schedule of events looks;
- 22 November 2018. Fortnightly articles commence.
- 28 November 2018. Spirited Women’s Webinar: Topic – Getting Started.
- 19 January 2019. Spirited Women’s Training Sessions: Navigation Workshop (Auckland).
- 19 January 2019. Spirited Women’s Training Sessions: Mountain Bike Workshop (Auckland).
- 3 March 2019. Spirited Women Training Sessions: Event Simulation (Auckland).
- 13 March Spirited Women’s Webinar: Topic – Final Preparation. Webinar.
Bookings for these will become available via links very shortly and advertised on the event Facebook page as soon as they open. A small fee (TBC) will apply per event.
First timers information – blog site
For all women considering doing their first adventure race, the ‘Adventure Racing Basics’ blogs provide some invaluable reading.
- Blog 1: What is Adventure Racing – Click here
- Blog 2: Gear and Clothing – Click here
- Blog 3: Food, Food, Food, What to eat during a race – Click here
- Blog 4: Preparing your head space is as important as preparing your body – Click here
- Blog 5: Navigation for beginners – Click here
- Blog 6: Question & Answer Session with Debbie Chambers – Click here
- Blog 7: 2016 Race report by team #53 – Expedio GOT – Click here